Prepping

Which is your favorite multitool and why?

2019-02-07 09:29 #0 by: Niklas

Multitools are compromises. They usually aren’t the best at anything, except helping out in lots of different situations, but that is okay. That’s what they are for.

I have a Gerber multitool, whose model name I don't know, and a Leatherman Wave+. I have had the Gerber for 25 years or more, but never really used it. My reason for buying it was that it was a bargain. My reason for never using it is that it doesn’t have the tools I need.

I got the Leatherman because it had tools I saw frequent use for in my everyday life. Knife, screwdriver, wire cutters, pliers and bottle opener are the ones I use most. The reason for choosing the Leatherman brand was that they seemed reliable, both in that they use good materials, and that they come with a 25-year warranty. For me, it's important that a manufacturer believes in their products. I don't want to have to change them because they wear out too easily.

Do you have a multitool? Which one is your favorite? Why do you like that particular one?

2019-02-07 22:44 #1 by: Leia

I don't use any multitools other than my keyring which doubles up as a bottle opener haha.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Become a member

To participate in the discussion, you must first become a member. It is quick, simple and free. The membership gives you access to all our communities.