Annons:
Tagprepping
Read 1562 times
Niklas
2019-02-07 10:29

Which is your favorite multitool and why?

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Multitools are compromises. They usually aren’t the best at anything, except helping out in lots of different situations, but that is okay. That’s what they are for.

I have a Gerber multitool, whose model name I don't know, and a Leatherman Wave+. I have had the Gerber for 25 years or more, but never really used it. My reason for buying it was that it was a bargain. My reason for never using it is that it doesn’t have the tools I need.

I got the Leatherman because it had tools I saw frequent use for in my everyday life. Knife, screwdriver, wire cutters, pliers and bottle opener are the ones I use most. The reason for choosing the Leatherman brand was that they seemed reliable, both in that they use good materials, and that they come with a 25-year warranty. For me, it's important that a manufacturer believes in their products. I don't want to have to change them because they wear out too easily.

Do you have a multitool? Which one is your favorite? Why do you like that particular one?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Leia
2019-02-07 23:44

I don't use any multitools other than my keyring which doubles up as a bottle opener haha.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2019-08-29 13:23
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

The Wirecutter has tested multitools and named the best ones. I think their reviews, in general, are very trustworthy.

Leatherman Skeletool CX was their number one choice, followed by Leatherman Skeletool (same tools, cheaper materials) and Letherman Free P2. You might think Leatherman were the only tools tested, but Gerber and SOG were there. Just not in the top positions.

Remember that different tools are built for different situations. Decide what you need before you look at the available models.

» The Best Multi-Tool: Reviews by Wirecutter | A New York Times Company

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Niklas
2019-08-31 20:20

This is a short demo of Leatherman Wave, the multitool I use.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-09-02 20:40

#3 I plan to go backpacking in the new year, I may have to upgrade my keyring/bottle opener to one like yours! It looks like it would be a great survival item.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2019-09-03 20:18

Look at different ones and try to imagine what tools might come in handy. 🙂

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: